Event 2

Jacob Burton
Desma 9
5/12/17


                                                                        Event 2
                     For this event, I attended a design media arts graduate solo show by Eli Joteva. This event was extremely interesting as it showed Eli Joteva's beautiful artwork. She had different balls of ice hanging by a rope that were set up around the room. What made these balls interesting is that they were covered with leaves and other such materials and objects. The day I went was the third day of the event, and I could notice that the leaves were dying exposing more of the ice in the center. I also noticed that many of the leaves had fallen to the ground and had died. Another interesting aspect of this art show, was the dripping of the ice. In one corner of the room, there was a big jar at the bottom of one of the sculptures and I was able to hear every drop of water that was coming from the sculpture above. She explained what this all meant in that, it was supposed to represent the earth and how the earth is getting warmer which is causing it to slowly decay and die out. I could immediately sense the connection of this because I was able to see the beginning of the sculptures as they were digitally displayed on the walls, and I was able to see how they looked when I was there which was slowly decaying ice balls. The water dripping really struck me at heart as almost frightening, because of how slowly but dangerously the earth is warming up and decaying because of this. To me, this project was another wake-up call to how we need to start changing our ways and make protecting our planet from ourselves one of our top priorities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 9

Blog 6